The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation working to prevent political and social violence and to achieve sustainable peace around the world. We have over 45 years of experience in peace support, conflict transformation research and peace education. Headquartered in Berlin, the NGO is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world.
To support our Afghanistan project, we are looking for a Project Assistant (div/f/m).
The main tasks of the position include:
- Organising travels and events in coordination with project teams
- Communicate logistics and relevant finances with participants
- Coordinate with project partners regarding logistics and administrative issues
- Instruct project team regarding travel details, logistics, participant’s lists, etc.
- Support programme coordination
- Ensure donor regulations and internal policies (e.g procurement rules)
- Develop logistics notes and procedures for events (where applicable)
- Willing to travel, if required
- 3-year vocational training with business focus, event-/travel management or similar
- Prior experience in organization and management of events
- Prior experience in project documentation amd budget management would be an advantage
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent intercultural sensitivity
- Work experience in international settings would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and German and preferably in Dari and Pashto
- Strong ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Strong ability to multi-task