Vacancy notice of 24 September 2019
Do you care about Europe's nature and want to use your skills to conserve essential parts of Europe's natural heritage? Then EuroNatur is the right place for you.
We are looking for a full-time head of our new office in Brussels (all gender) by 1 April 2020 at the latest.
Place of work is Brussels, with regular trips to the office in Radolfzell (Germany) and to the project areas of EuroNatur in various European countries.
Requirements for your application at EuroNatur:
- You have a university degree.
- You already have at least 5 years of professional experience in nature conservation and environmental protection and have corresponding references.
- You have very good and interdisciplinary knowledge in nature conservation and environmental protection.
- You already have project management experience, preferably in international nature conservation.
- You have relevant experience in advocacy work and present the results of your work convincingly.
- You enjoy networking and are sociable.
- You are not afraid of public appearances and also convince in international negotiations.
- You have a good command of written and spoken English and preferably also a good command of German. Proficiency in French would be an advantage.
- You are flexible enough to attend frequent meetings abroad.
- You are quick, structured, responsible, punctual and have organisational skills. You like to work alone and independently, at the same time you are team-oriented and share the results of your work.
- You are experienced in dealing with common IT applications.
- You identify with the goals and values of EuroNatur.
Your main tasks at EuroNatur:
- You set up an office in Brussels for EuroNatur and represent the interests of the foundation and its projects to the European institutions. You will work on your own responsibility, but also in close cooperation with the foundation's project managers and project partners.
- You identify key decision-makers and establish connections to them. You maintain professional and political contacts and establish strategic alliances.
- Political analyses and advocacy activities are carried out by yourself according to strategic priorities and coordinated with partners and EuroNatur project managers. Your focus will be on developments in the field of European nature conservation policy.
- You act as a contact person and source of information for EuroNatur's project managers and partners. You also recognise opportunities for national advocacy work for nature conservation in the respective countries and support the local EuroNatur partners in this.
- You support the communication measures of our foundation by effectively preparing the results of your work in close cooperation with the Public Relations department.
- You support the fundraising process and prepare project reports on content and finances.
We offer you:
- a varied and exciting range of tasks,
- a committed, authentic team,
- regular training opportunities,
- a transparent remuneration system.
Please send your detailed application including references, salary expectations and possible starting date by 06 January 2020 at the latest:
EuroNatur – Stiftung Europäisches Naturerbe
(for the attention of the Executive Director)
Please summarise your application documents in a single file in pdf format and send it by email to job[at]euronatur[punkt]org The maximum file size should not exceed 4 MB. You will receive a confirmation of receipt.
The interviews are expected to take place in calendar week 4.