Common Goal (powered by streetfootballworld) is a philanthropic movement with an ambitious aspiration: uniting the global football community in tackling the greatest social challenges in the world today - from HIV/AIDS to gender inequality to youth unemployment. The UN has defined success against these challenges as the Global Goals.
The idea is simple: Common Goal’s members (football players, managers, fans and businesses) pledge 1% of their earnings to a central fund. And together we allocate this fund to high-impact community organisations that harness the power of football to advance the Global Goals.
Since Common Goal’s inception in August 2017, more than 100 professional football players and managers, including Bayern Munich defender Mats Hummels, Juventus Turin’s Giorgio Chiellini and USWNT’s Alex Morgan, influential football officials such as UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin, football legends such as Eric Cantona and a first professional club (FC Nordsjaelland of the top flight league Denmark) have joined the movement.
Community Management Intern (f/m/d)
to join our team in Berlin as of February
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Community Management Intern, you’ll be working closely with our Head of Community to deliver a world-class donor experience to Common Goal’s members (players, managers and supporters who have signed up for the pledge). As part of your day-to-day responsibilities, you will build and maintain communication with Common Goal members and partners, conduct research that helps generate insights into our members’ needs and satisfaction levels and support the continuous improvement of Common Goal’s community engagement strategy. And, of course, you’ll get to play some football. We love kicking off the day with a game from time to time!
- To support our member communication across each stage of the customer lifecycle, from the formal onboarding and announcement of members to the timely delivery of impact reporting
- To develop and maintain a community engagement calendar that maps out community events and our year-round member communication
- To collect, manage and update data on Common Goal members and business partners
- To track measures of community engagement (such as our members’ Common Goal related social media activity) and gather feedback on our members’ motivations, needs and satisfaction
- To help evolve Common Goal’s community engagement strategy
- You have previous project management and/or community management experience
- You are a people person, with exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to work and interact with a wide range of target audiences (ranging from professional football players to fans to business partners)
- You have excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask efficiently
- You are proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- You are a matriculated university student - preferably in an advanced semester
- You are Berlin-based or willing to relocate
- You believe in our mission and are willing to go the extra mile for the cause
- A paid internship of 3-6 months; the start date is February 2020
- Real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks
- An immersive experience that connects you to both the football industry and charity sector
- A stimulating work environment with flat hierarchies and creative freedom
- The opportunity to position yourself at the heart of a growing movement that’s changing the game for good
Do you think you have what it takes to become our next Community Management Intern? If so, you can get yourself in the game by submitting your application by January 1st, 2020, including the following documents, via our online application form.
- Your CV
- A 250-300 word cover letter—stating your interest and experience
- No more than 400 words on an outline of a community engagement campaign that you identify as relevant to Common Goal to increase community engagement
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates.