DSW seeks to recruit a
Senior Project Officer based in Berlin, Germany.
The Senior Project Officer supports the Head of Advocacy with the implementation, monitoring, and reporting for a complex advocacy project. She/he will ensure that advocacy activities are planned and implemented in a coordinated fashion in Germany, at the EU level and in east Africa. The Senior Project Officer must have a results-oriented, strategic mind-set and apply project-management knowledge to the specific context of development advocacy across borders. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to initiate and create a real difference within this important area.
Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure delivery of expected project results and outputs according to project framework and that all project staff comply with standard project processes and guidelines.
- Overall controlling of project budget and supervision of reporting with the support of the Finance Team
- Ensure a high-quality of project reporting to the donor
- Support the Head of Advocacy in strategic decisions regarding the execution of the advocacy project and in resource mobilization efforts
- Work closely with advocacy team leaders and other critical project management colleagues and ensure the flow of information between the different teams and offices involved. This includes regular planning meetings, identification of synergies and coordination of work plans
- Together with DSW’s Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team, coordinate results-tracking and ensure high quality M&E reports, including the integration of a new web-based monitoring system into the project
- Master´s degree in a relevant topic area
- At least five years relevant work experience, including at least three years in an international/intercultural context
- Business fluent written and oral English; proficient language skills in German
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a project team based in different countries, and proven skills in project management, financial management, quality assurance, report writing and donor relations
- Good knowledge of development cooperation, preferably including Global Health, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, as well as Global Health Research and Development
- Knowledge of advocacy methods and approaches in different national contexts
- Strong, persuasive oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel regularly within the EU and to Africa
- Supportive of DSW's mission, vision, and core values
- A pleasant working atmosphere within a dynamic team
- An interesting thematic area and international working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Contract duration: 28th February 2022
- Ideal start date: 1st June 2019
If you are interested, please send your application in English and include a CV as well as a cover letter directly to: jobs.deutschland[at]dsw[punkt]org.
Please be informed that only applications with the reference number “Senior Project Officer DSW201903/4” in the email subject line will be taken into account.
This is a full-time position. The possibility for this to become part-time (no less than 80%) for the right candidate can be explored. Deadline for application: 22nd April 2019
Please note:Non-EU applicants must be in possession of a full valid work permit for Germany.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer. We look forward to your application!