streetfootballworld is a leader in the field of Football for Good and has set the objective of maximising the potential of football for social transformation. With the support of our partners, we tackle the greatest social challenges in the world today – from HIV/AIDS to gender inequality to youth unemployment. The UN has defined success against these challenges as the Global Goals. streetfootballworld and 130 local organisations in the streetfootballworld network are working towards these goals and collectively we are empowering two million disadvantaged young people per year.
To help us unleash the unique potential of Football for Good, we are looking for a Project Manager Community Infrastructure (f/m/d)to join our team in Berlin as of January 2020 or earlier.
- You manage community football infrastructure projects around the world to ensure that young people have safe places to play.
- You build and maintain partnerships with community infrastructure experts and local community organisations to support the establishment of steering groups to ensure community engagement and sustainability.
- You are responsible for the procurement, including the negotiation of contracts, the compilation of all necessary documentation for the construction process and the selection and monitoring of subcontractors and service providers.
- You establish construction timelines and project plans for each location and monitor the effective and timely completion of the construction process.
- You implement guidelines and concepts for the proper maintenance of facilities and ensure the necessary training of local staff on maintenance topics.
- You support the creation of application documents, project reporting and evaluation.
- You have a BA or MA degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. international development, construction management, urban planning or the equivalent) and a sound technical understanding.
- You have a minimum of two years “on the ground” experience in the management of infrastructure or comparable projects, ideally in the field of social and international development.
- You have demonstrated procurement experience.
- You have experience with conceptualising and facilitating workshops and trainings.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Proficiency in additional languages is a strong asset.
- You are familiar with creating databases, spreadsheets, presentations and the use of project management tools and apps.
- You are willing and able to travel regularly and are eligible to work in Germany.
- You identify with our philosophy “it takes a team to win a game” and love to get things done.
- A motivating work culture with flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Flexible working hours, an inspiring and centrally located office, home office and 30 days annual leave to enable an optimal balance between work and family life.
- A full-time position based in Berlin with an initial 12-month contract at fair conditions with the possibility of extension.
Would you like to play an active part in social change on a global level? Then get into the game and become part of our team!
Please submit your application documents (a letter of motivation and your CV) including your salary expectation and your earliest possible start date via our online application form by November 17, 2019.
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people!