REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLOSING DATE: January 5, 2020
START DATE: As soon as possible
CONTRACT: Part or Full time, permanent
ABOUT BLUE ACTION FUND
Blue Action Fund is a foundation financed with public funding from Germany, Sweden and France. By providing grants to non-governmental organisations working in developing countries, Blue Action Fund seeks to conserve marine biodiversity for future generations and to improve the lives of local people today. The grant programme, which started in 2018, has grown to nine projects and further calls for proposals are expected in the coming years. The Blue Action Fund is seeking an Office and Communications Assistant to support the administration and management of the Berlin office.
This post offers the opportunity to shape the administration and support the communications work of a young foundation. Based in Berlin, you will be responsible for all office-related tasks, including management of invoices, organisation of meetings, travel planning and other tasks as needed. You will ensure a smooth operation of the office and support the team by handling tasks in the field of communications and event management. You will work closely with Blue Action Fund’s three-person team as well as with our support partner, Nature Trust Alliance (based in Frankfurt). Within a very small team you will be ready to support all tasks that might need to be addressed.
- Responsible for overall day-to-day administration/management of the office, including handling invoices and compiling expense reports, maintaining office IT and travel planning
- Scheduling and organising internal and external meetings
- Communications (updating website, support development of communications material, proofreading, creation of templates)
- Event and conference management, including maintenance of contact database
- Support management of grant portfolio as needed.
All candidates for the position must provide evidence of the following:
- Attention to detail and experience in independently managing workload
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise
- Excellent written and oral language skills in English and very good in German
- Experience in organisation of meetings/events and conferences
- Experience in communications
- Excellent knowledge of working with Microsoft Office
- In addition, experience or knowledge in the following areas is desirable:
- Work experiences in young organisations or start-ups
- Interest in nature conservation and/or development cooperation
You are a hands-on, self-starting individual who is able to work alone with little direction and within remote teams. You are detail-oriented and flexible enough to enjoy working for an organisation that spends its first years continually evolving. You can come from the public
administration, non-profit or private sector and should have experience in office management and administration. You can be in the early stages of your career if you can demonstrate the required skills. You are comfortable working in a small organisation and understand that this means every
day is different. You are very well rounded, and have a passion for learning and doing new things. You are ambitious, creative, helpful, and have a good sense of humour. You have excellent command of written and spoken English, very good command of German and are permitted to work in Germany.
Expressions of interest should be submitted electronically, in English, with all the material in a single pdf document (file size less than 4 MB). Please include
- a letter of motivation (not more than one page) indicating your salary expectations,
- curriculum vitae
In addition, please submit a PowerPoint presentation (max. 3 slides) illustrating opportunities to improve Blue Action Fund’s communications. Please send the entire application to info[at]blueactionfund[punkt]org, indicating in the subject line [Your name] Assistant. Deadline: January 5, 2020.