At the earliest possible Siemens Stiftung is looking for a fulltime (40 hours) Inhouse-Editor (f/m/d)
As a non-profit foundation, the Siemens Stiftung promotes sustainable social development, which is crucially dependent on access to basic services, high-quality education and an understanding of culture. Our international project work supports people in taking the initiative to responsibly address current challenges in regions in Africa and Latin America as well as Germany and other European countries. In our communication work, we are committed to providing transparent information about our operational work with the objective to increase its social impact. We also advance topics that are important to us and determine our work and thus position ourselves in the specialist discourse. The work area is versatile and responsible and focuses on communication with cooperation partners and multipliers from science, politics and civil society as well as from Siemens AG. You will be joining an international working environment with a highly motivated team from diverse professional backgrounds.
- Based in Munich, with flexibility for remote work
- Type of contract: 40h/week, limited to two years
- Languages: native English speaking (required), and German proficiency (required), Spanish proficiency (as an advantage)
- Appropriate remuneration
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our team at Siemens Stiftung. As inhouse editor you will be responsible for promoting our international work with target audiences, playing an important role in maximizing the contribution to sustainable social development.
We are looking for a native English-speaking editor with a talent for storytelling and a passion for social topics. The full-time position (40 hours) is initially limited to two years. It is possible to work remotely; freelancer option is possible.
Your main responsibilities
- Discover the stories related to our project work and bring them to live in quality texts (news, articles, interviews, reportages) for various communication media (Siemens Stiftung website, daily press, specialist media, online channels of influencers and cooperation partners)
- Writing journalistic pieces with a distinct news angle that appeal to our diverse audiences and in particular attract media outlets to cover the work of Siemens Stiftung.
- Contribute to speech writing for our board members or project managers as well as to script
- writing for video statements, podcasts and others.
- Collaborate closely with the project leads in our working areas and the communications team of Siemens Stiftung to help translate our core narrative and communications strategy objectives in attractive content.
What you should bring with you
- Proof of a completed scientific university degree (Master, Magister or Diploma) in a field of study relevant to the area of responsibility - preferably journalism, communication sciences, political science or a humanities or social science degree
- Passion for topics connected to social sustainability and several years of work experience as a journalist or in a similar profession, ideally including in context of development cooperation
- Talent and competence for writing, creativity, confidence in style and the ability to prepare complex contexts in an understandable, creative and target-group-oriented manner
- Excellent feeling for language and excellent written expression
- Professional expertise in the editorial support of social media channels
- Independent, structured way of working, ability to work in a team, social and intercultural competence, resilience
- Knowledge of common IT user programs (skills in image processing and video editing programs is an advantage)
- English and German native speaker, knowledge of Spanish is an advantage
What we offer
- A highly motivated and international team from very diverse professional backgrounds
- An exciting and versatile design task with creative freedom
- Work that contributes to sustainable social development
- International working environment
- Sympathetic, committed and experienced colleagues
- Appropriate remuneration
- Possibility to work remotely, with availability to travel occasionally to Munich or other locations on a needs basis
How to apply
Please apply to: recruiting[at]siemens-stiftung[punkt]org sending
- Your resume (max. 2 pages)
- A meaningful cover letter, explaining your motivation for the job, your enthusiasm for the role and, most importantly, what makes you a good fit for the position
- A writing sample from your existing portfolio
- Your earliest starting date
- Your salary expectations
Please refer to “2021-Kommunikation-1003” in the subject line of your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application will be processed in compliance with § 26 No. 1 BDSG (German General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR). By applying, you agree to the processing of your personal data (contact information, CV, references and qualifications) by members of the management, the HR department and relevant respective departments of Siemens Stiftung. Your data will be stored for a period of six months after the recruitment is finished.
More about the Siemens Stiftung: www.siemens-stiftung.org