Overview of the position:
Hours: Full-time/part-time (36 to 40 hours per week)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: limited contract for a year, intention to extend
Location: Berlin, Germany (hybrid work model with Home Office possible)
Department & reporting line: Head of Communications & Strategic Partnerships
Your main tasks:
- You plan and execute a variety of event programs in support of our diverse departments
- You develop and implement event standards, measurement and evaluation protocols for an organization-wide infrastructure to host both live events but also online events
- You lead the organizational conception, technical preparation, planning, coordination and implementation of external or internal events
- The creative process regarding event production, audio- visual requirements as well as invitation design falls into your scope of tasks
- You collaborate with external partners (government agencies, international and local organizations, other NGOs) to ensure the creation of unique event experiences that inspire thematic discussions
- You communicate event details, logistics and relevant finances with participants
- You provide cost calculations and procurement of services and trades
- You might also travel or accompany evening events, if required
Your knowledge, experience & skills:
- You enjoyed either a 3-year vocational training with business focus OR 3-year vocational training event/travel management OR hold a bachelor in a relevant field
- You gathered significant amount of experience with the organization of high level live event but you also pride yourself to hold many skills regarding online tools and online facilitation
- With the Berghof team members you share the passion for people and tailor-made events
- Your experience with various target groups taught you what customer service really means
- Exceptional eloquence, excellent verbal and written language skills in English and equally fluent German (at least C1-level)
- You like to keep an all-round view during the realization of events, but also to use your well-trained eye for the special detail to ensure quality
- Professional skills in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Teams) complete your profile
- Curiosity and strong empathetic/intercultural skills
- Ability to work under time-pressure
- You can present multi-task skills above average
What you can expect from us:
- Confidence based flexible working hours (5-day-week applies; travel or weekend event-engagement are bound to compensation days)
- Transparent terms of compensation
- Flexibility regarding office vs. mobile working solutions
- Modern, elegant and central office in Berlin-Kreuzberg (bordering to Mitte)
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- If needed – advisory services regarding visa matters and relocation to Berlin
- Internal team development possibilities for your personal integration and growth
- Family friendly culture and 27 + 1 days of annual vacation
- Dynamic and creative organizational mindset
The contract duration of the full-time/part-time position is limited for one year with the intent to extend.
Please note that citizenship of a member state of the EU or valid residence status in the EU is a formal requirement.
Application procedure: Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) through our online application system.
We welcome diversity and are happy to receive applications from people regardless of their ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation and marital status.
We look forward to receiving your application!