Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. The International Rescue Committee Deutschland is part of the IRC global network. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve.
IRC Germany was established in 2016 in order to further enhance the profile of the German humanitarian and development sector and to provide further opportunities for advocacy on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment, IRC-DE has grown rapidly and has representations in Bonn and Berlin. It is working with major German statutory donors, like the German Federal Foreign Office, KfW, and GIZ. IRC-DE is also cooperating with German civil society organizations. The IRC in Europe also has offices in Brussels, Geneva, and London, and a sister organization in The Hague.
ECHO’s Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA) was transferred to IRC-Deutschland in March 2019 and will expire at the end of 2020. IRC-Deutschland are undergoing preparations for an external independent audit in order to be eligible for the FPA renewal 2021.
The ECHO Project Manager (m/f/d) is responsible for supporting the Senior Director in their role as Project Lead for the ECHO FPA renewal process. The principal responsibility is to ensure smooth coordination of internal resources and processes by having an oversight of activities and stakeholders throughout the process.
- Supporting with developing the project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Liaison and coordination with functional leads, explaining the process and key asks
- Successfully preparing the evidence, meetings and briefings for a pre-audit i.e. preparing a “lessons learned” workshop
- Together with the project lead and functional experts, developing cross-cutting SOPs & overall documentation (SLAs, agreements, etc), outlining changes in processes and ways of working based on findings from pre-audits
- Tracks and documents key internal and external meetings, ensuring that key action points are communicated and follow up occurs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Preparing presentations to IRC’s Leadership Board and Supervisory Board
- Proven working experience in project management and coordinating initiatives across stakeholders
- Predisposition toward simple and practical solutions, through consensus building
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and influencing skills
- Solid organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to multi task and prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Both a team player and independent performer in a very fast-paced environment
- A flexible work attitude and a calm manner
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent English language skills, German language skills are an asset
- Understanding of key donors such as ECHO and other European country donors are an asset
- A good sense of humour
What we offer
- Being part of a highly motivated, cross-cultural team in a growing organization
- Flexible working hours
- A number of employee benefits such a membership at Urban Sports Club, subsidized public transportation, fruit baskets
- 30 days of annual leave per year
- Training and development opportunities
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. We will therefore publish this role until filled. There is no fixed application deadline.
Applications from individuals who work on a freelance basis are welcome.
Candidates must have the right to work in Germany.
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV, at least three references) via IRCs application platform. Please note that applications submitted via E-Mail cannot be considered.
For questions and detailed information about the role, please contact Christine Mader, HR Manager (+49 (0)179 7296166).
For further information, please visit our website IRCDeutschland.de.
IRC-D strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-D is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.